Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Personality traits

Personality traits are so interesting to me. I've heard on multiple occassions how they differ from from first born and middle children to youngest. It can impact your job, your earning power, who you marry, etc. Here's a recent list I've seen.

First borns: Smarter (Sorry Jon & Jeff, but you know it's true!), better educated, parental favorites, conformists, hard working, bossy
Middle children: Less decisive, peacekeeprs, less connected to family, more mysterious
Youngest children: More adventurous, more agreeable, funnier, pampered, spoiled

One thing I think is missing from the first-born's list is attention to detail (or anal retentive). I'm that way, although have slacked off more since Cam's been around. But Camryn. Wow! She's so detailed. If a door or drawer is open, it must be closed. When she covers up her dollies, the blanket must be smoothed out just so. When she plays with a toy, it's always the same way. I'll try to mix things up a bit just to keep her creative juices flowing, but she doesn't care for that much.

She has this toy that's like paper dolls, but you dress them up in the bath and they stick to the wall. They have a variety of outfits and she likes to display them all. Not one piece must be missing from her display and if one does happen to be gone, she knows exactly which piece is missing. Yikes! She may be worse than I am.


The sad thing is, I'm her worst enemy and she doesn't even know why yet. While I've become a lot more laid back than I used to be I still have a need to check things off my list and she does to. Many times we're just not working from the same list!

Since this is a family blog, I don't want to forget about Craig. One that immediately comes to mind is his procrastination (not typical of a first born, by the way). I'll admit that I've always had a bit of that in me too, but he was finally busted by the law the other day for procrastinating too long. His license plates were due in January. The funniest part is he works 2 miles from home, and the officer that pulled him over was on the school campus. He had actually put the renewal papers in his car, and planned to go that day, which is the one and only reason he was let go with a warning. The new plates were on his car that night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not my fault! Ha

Liz said...

HAHA! He got busted in the school parking lot!!

Grandma Karen said...

Afraid that list thing may be genetic (starting with me). My lists are critical to my production and peace of mind, and unfortunately, it seems that may be the case with you two girls. Odd that we are all three "first borns." LOL
Poor Craig--he was chuckling over this problem when we were in Florida. Seems that he even confessed to accidentally getting a fellow-coworker busted for the same oversight. Was it the same school policeman??
I would like some of those stick-on "paper dolls" to play with, too. How darling she looks with them all over the wall.