
When we got there, mom was asking Cam where the Wiggles were and Camryn kept yelling "Where are you Wiggles?" (the movie is a bit dark, but you can hear what she's saying)
Mom said I bet Jeff (the Wiggle dressed in a purple shirt) will fall asleep sometime during the show. And this dad in front of us, without turning around, just said "You can count on it! There's no way we can get through the show without having to yell 'Wake up Jeff!' " (I've always wondered why they have a narcoleptic character in the group, and laugh at all ridiculous songs about Jeff being asleep, so this was funny to me.) Later the same dad bought his son a plush red guitar (like the one Murray, the red Wiggle uses) and figuring he spent a small fortune on it told him he had to wear it all night. Halfway through the show, mom and I glanced over and the kid had put it around the dad's neck! Ha, ha! Guess he needed to get his money's worth out of it somehow.
Anyway, if I can take a moment to critique the performances. Stink-o-rama! Yet, completely entertaining. Especially with Camryn doing her thing. But I just sat there and laughed to myself thinking how much money these people must make for not having to be perfect at their performance. If they screwed up their choreography, the kids won't know. And who cares what the parent's think? They're just there for the smiles on their kids faces.

And that's the truth! I would have paid $1000 to see that look on Camryn's face when The Wiggles came out on stage. I was almost in tears just watching how excited she was. It was a 90 minute show and she danced almost all of it. They sang her favorites "Rock-a-bye Your Bear" and "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." And lots more. She did all of the motions to the songs she knew. So cute! On the way home she told us that was "fun." She also got a Big Red Car wand that lights up and she wanted to make sure we all had a chance to hold it during the performance. She held that thing all the way home, and all the way up to bed.



This morning when we got to school, her teacher asked her how she liked seeing The Wiggles and Camryn just turned around to me and smiled. I'm guessing that means she had a good time.
2 comments:
This concert was undoubtedly one of the best that I have ever attended. Who know that Cam could dance so well--and that ability to get the Wiggles on stage by calling for them!! Thanks for sharing the evening.
we heard about "Where are you wiggles!!" from your mom. So cute!
Post a Comment