Camryn couldn’t stand the wait until “daddy’s ball game” last night. Craig's been gone a lot lately and I've been telling her he's at football practice, working with the football players. Earlier in the week we started talking about the football game on Friday. So when I woke her up Friday morning, it was the first thing she mentioned when she woke up. “I go ball game mommy.” We got her all decked out in Timberland duds, and she kept telling me she had her “ball game” shirt on and her “ball game” barrettes.
We got there early and she was able to watch the cheerleaders practice and Craig had a few seconds to come over and give her a quick hug. 

Here's where she spent a majority of the game. Playing with her pa-pas. She did the same thing last year. Carl even took her for a half-time walk just like last year.

Go Tigers!
Becky, a college girlfriend scored tickets (well, actually, her husband Chris did, who says he pukes a little each time he hears M-I-Z...Z-O-U, but I'm not so sure because he subjects himself to a lot of Tiger sports). They gave us four and also invited our other friend Emily and her husband Jeremy. I have not seen Emily since about 2 weeks before Camryn was born so I was so eager to see her! Becky has moved to town this summer and it's been great to see her more often. We met near the dome before the game to tailgate a bit.

With our four tickets, Chris and Jessie came along. Chris missed his connecting flight coming home from Alabama, so Carl was Jessie's date. They came with us to tailgate.
Jeff popped over from where he was tailgating to say hello.
View from our seats. Ha, ha! We knew we were in nose bleed seats, but we were in the very last row. The very top. We were above the lights for the dome. And yes, we were technically on the Illinois side, but our section was about half and half so thankfully we weren't the only fans rooting for the winning team. Walking into the dome was absolutely amazing. It was so deafening to hear the crowd yell M-I-Z...Z-O-U. You could look straight up and see people taking escalators up to their seats. They were looking down at the crowd still coming in and yelling the M-I-Z part. Really amazing!
Here's Chris, Becky's husband. So, he's a big KU fan. He and Becky get tickets for every MU/KU contest they can. So, he was kind of rooting for Illinois since he doesn't like MU. So why is he wearing yellow, you might ask? According to him it's not MU yellow. Whatever. He just can't make up his mind. Here's proof positive. He's wearing a Budweiser necklace, and drinking Miller Lite. (OK, that's a coincidence, but thought it was ironic how he can't pick a team. Ha, ha!)
1 comment:
Looks like a fun weekend!! Go Timberwolves, and GO TIGERS!! What a cute little Cheerleader Cam is.
Post a Comment