So, we've made feeble attempts at potty training up until June 14th, when we graduated Camryn into regular underwear. One accident was all it took and she's pottied on the toilet ever since. The other, yuckier piece of potty training, doesn't seem to be clicking with her just yet.
So, I'm trying some good old fashioned bribery. She may be way too young to understand this concept, but here's what we're trying: For every time she poops on the toilet, she gets a sticker. When she gets 4 stickers, she gets to pick from one of the toys I have hanging on the wall just out of her reach. She looks at them and says "want that" or "need that" and I have to remind her that she needs 4 stickers. We even have a chart on the refridgerator. We just started this last night, so who knows if it will work at school. She might not have the ability at 27 months to think longer term. We'll find out. Once I explained the rules to her last night she ran into the bathroom and tried, but nothing. Will keep you posted...
1 comment:
Kids (including Cam's mother when she was little) have always enjoyed using those sticker charts. Hope it works for you guys. Sounds as if Camryn is half way there.
Post a Comment