The first night she climbed out a few times and ran out of her room. I was sitting at the top of the stairs anticipating I'd see her. :) She was surprised to see me at first, but giggled and quickly turned back to get into her bed. It's definitely been a learning curve for her, but glad we did it. Most mornings she would walk over to the front piece of the crib and point and say: "Baby bed. Cam baby no more. Big girl bed." It's so sweet. This morning, she woke up before Craig and I did. I heard her saying "Awake...awake...awake," but thought she was still in the bed until I heard little foot steps downstairs. I went down to see her and she was looking for me. When she saw me she asked if it was okay that she get up. Now I just need to teach her to turn on cartoons and feed herself breakfast. Then I can sleep in. Hee, hee.
She's trying to figure out ways to exercise her newly acquired control. I can come in and tuck her in and hug her a lot easier. She tried to play that card about 15 times. It's hard to pass over a hug, but when it's delaying her shutting her eyes and sleeping, I yell from the other room to go to bed.
-------------------
One night while we were having dinner, she was singing her school songs. We knew they were working on the ABCs because she asks us to sing it all of the time. She chimes in on certain letters, but has never sung it all the way through for us. Go Cam! Hopefully the video will work and you can see for yourself. By the way, please forgive the topless child. She was eating blackberries and blueberry waffles with syrup. Two things I didn't want all over her clothes. She's still young enough I can get away with it.
And then the thing I've been dreading for a long time (despite others urging me to just get it over with) is putting Camryn in big girl underwear. She goes pretty well for me with the pull ups, but her pediatrician suggested I not use pull ups because it will just delay potty training. They feel too much like a diaper I guess. The teachers were particularly complimentary of her this week saying she went all of the time. OK, I decided to use the momentum to my benefit and move her to big girl underwear.
I can't really say if she loves it or not. I would think anything would feel better than those diapers. Yesterday she had one accident (on the laundry room floor, thank goodness). Didn't make a big deal about it other than to tell her when she needed to go, she should go into the bathroom or tell mommy or daddy. She started to go again and said "uh-oh". We rushed into the bathroom and she went. She went the rest of the day on the potty making sure to tell Craig or me afterwards (whoever wasn't in the bathroom with her already) that she went. And so far, so good today. Should I dare send her in underwear to school? I guess Friday she had diarrhea all day. Those poor teachers. That room stunk so bad. They were really sweet about it and said it didn't bother them. Maybe I'll bring in flowers for them along with the underwear as a peace offering.
2 comments:
Ok, here are my favorite parts of the song:
-ABCDE are all monotone, and then F jumps up both times :) I love that.
-L O O P
- The way she fully pronounces "W", and then says Y AND Z!
- When you started singing the end of the song with her she starts nodding her head, like "oh yeah, I know that part too!"
Precious! Charlotte loves watching her big cousin. Maybe she will learn her ABC's from Cam!
She is so matter of fact about this recitation, and is obviously very proud of herself for knowing that song! I'm pretty proud, too.
Big girl bed; big girl pants; big girl cell phone; next, she will be asking for the keys to the car!
Post a Comment