I smashed Cam's thumb in the car tonight. It wasn't in the normal part of the door that closes. It was near the hinges. She was all clear (at least her head was). I turned around to grab some bags out of the trunk and closed the door. It was a delayed response, but a scream that I can still hear. I felt so horrible. She wailed for a good 10 minutes, and then despite the swelling, it was like nothing happened. I dread seeing the bruise in the morning. She wouldn't let me keep an ice pack on it. I'm sorry Cam! :(
1 comment:
If this accident makes you a bad Mom, Sis, than just about all of us mothers fall into the same category. All mothers slip up--just be happy that nothing was broken and that you will always be super careful with car doors from now on. I must really be a bad mom because I remember that one of you kids got your hand/finger slammed by a sibling when you were running to call shot gun, and that I slammed the door on one of you, but I cannot remember who the principal parties are in this story!!
Post a Comment