Tuesday, March 4, 2008

"E-mo" kisses

I taught Camryn last week how to give Eskimo kisses, and it's the way she wants to send me off to work each day. I drop her off at daycare and I ask for her a hug and she asks for an eskimo kiss. I look forward to it each day.

This week she's transitioning into the 2-year old room at school, since her birthday is this weekend. I'm so glad. The director and her teacher said she was getting so bored in the toddler room. They're sending them with a buddy for a couple of hours a day to get used to the new classroom, new teacher and new kids. I guess the buddy had a hard time with it, and only stayed in the room a short while, even though Camryn was her familiar face. Cam, on the other hand stayed in the room most of the day. They said she was so excited to meet more kids and had a blast playing with them. So much so that she didn't want to take her nap because there were some kids still playing. Just didn't want to miss any excitement I guess.

She's such a social bug. My dad comments on this all the time. Anytime there's a gathering, she makes sure she spends time with everyone in the room. They took her to dinner the other night and said they made a mistake sitting her down so she faced the window. She couldn't people watch and spent half the time turned around. Ha!

The other thing we're working with on her lately is commitment. We've started to give her choices and she'll make one. Once we say okay, she'll say the other item. When we try to confirm on the new chioce, she'll say the other item. Ugh! Maybe she's too young to get choices; but she seems to appreciate being involved in decisions. Through trial & error, we've learned that 9 times out of 10, she really wants her first choice. Goofy girl!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Hehe. So cute. Cant wait to see you all this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I want my E-Mo kiss this Saturday!!

She was a little stingy with them last weekend.

Mama Horn