Saturday, February 9, 2008

New to this blog thing

So I've read my sister-in-laws blog for months now, and thought I'd give it a try. I love documenting life, and figure this is a good of place as any to do so.

I have a great husband and a wonderful daughter that will be two years old next month. She's a GREAT kid. For a first child, she's really broken us into parenthood quite easily. But, all of a sudden, she's hit this (we'll call it a phase) personality change that I'm thinking is what I've heard referred to as the terrible twos. Just this week, she…


· Pulled a little bit of poop out of her diaper to show her teacher that she needed to be changed. (So glad I wasn’t here to witness it!)

· Wrote on the kitchen walls with marker (twice)

· Started ignoring most of what we say to her

and

· Started picking her nose

You might say it could be a lot worse. I'm not including her dumping crayons all of the floor, throwing complete fits because she cannot stand the choice of shirts I give her to wear on any given day, or screaming at me from her car seat to listen to a particular song on the radio, which I don't have on CD.

I paint a great picture of this little demon child, but she is sweet and can be angelic at times. Gives great hugs and kisses and loves story time with me. It's just time for us to adapt our parenting styles.

No comments: