Monday, August 15, 2011

Kindergarten Bound

Camryn was thrilled to go to school today.  First day of kindergarten.  I think I was less nervous because I got to take her to her first day instead of some big yellow bus shuttling my baby off to the big kids school.  She is not riding the bus because it comes too late for Craig or I to help her get on the bus.  Parents have to be there to get the kindergartner on and off the bus, so we had to enroll her in before/after care at the school.

Here are some pics from this morning. 

She got up and dressed really fast to take a picture with her Daddy before he left for school.

She has to get up early enough to eat breakfast at the house now.  And here she is having a healthy meal of Apple Jacks.  Yuck! 
Headed to school.  Showing off her all pink backpack.  She is so proud of it.  She picked out patches that I sewed onto the front of the bag.


And we're off.  SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited.  Darcy is just chilling out.  Not sure what the big deal is.



Little sister has been dropped off and the big girl arrives at Discovery Ridge Elementary for her first day.



In front of her classroom.  The school's mascot is the Stars.  Her teacher had put a name of each kid in the class on a star for the entrance to the classroom.

And since it wasn't time to start school yet, we checked in at Chatauqua which is the before care at her school.  They had tons of toys and games to play with.  One of the neighbors was there as well, so she knew someone right away.  She kept telling me "I'll miss you, mommy."  I'm not sure if she wanted reassurance that I would miss her too, or if she wanted to make me feel good. 

Good luck, Camryn!

1 comment:

Grandma Karen said...

This sweet. little excited girl reminds me of her mother at that age. Once she gets used to the changes, Cam will be a natural at school.