Saturday, July 30, 2011

Summer Fun

Well, the lack of posting has been due to our crazy summer schedule.  I swear our life slows down when school is in session and a routine has been restored.  And I have not taken that many pictures this summer.  Not sure why.  Maybe having a increasingly heavy baby on my hip grabbing at the camera while I'm trying to focus is the cause.  Ha!  Just too many blurry photos.

I will start with the most recent because it's what I remember most.  And then the others will just be some random summer pictures.

I took the day off to play.  Camryn, her friend Marley, and I went to the city museum for the day.  And I mean the day.  I figured we'd be done in a few hours, but we got there at 10 and had to leave at 3:30, still not getting to play with everything there.  I hadn't been since they first opened, and this by far has to be one of the coolest places to take a kid.  I would say at least 4 years old would be ideal because there were a lot of stairs we climbed up and down to go to different sections.


We climbed this rope up the wall and once at the top we got to slide down a pretty steep slide.  Cam was a bit nervous about sliding at first but once I went down with her a couple of times, she was good to go.  It was fun!  And it was nice to see other adults having fun.

Here Camryn is driving a school bus.  It was fun because they could punch all the buttons and even open the door, which was caged off, because where she is sitting she is actually off the top of the building!  This bus was on the roof and hanging off the edge.  Once I pointed that out to Camryn and Marley they looked at me in disbelief.  Then they looked out the window and started screaming!  LOL!

OK, so a mild ride, but these girls hopped on to go through the tunnel a few times.

They turned into butterflies in the art center where they had their faces painted.  When the gal pulled out the glitter paint for the finishing touches you would have thought it was gold.  They were so excited.  (As a bonus the lady even painted a sunflower on my cheek.)

Two painting butterflies.

Back up on the roof, these lily pads were fun to leap on.

And then at some point, the girls decided to leap off the lily pads.

And then they got even more wet.

Two soaking wet butterflies.

And the butterfly paint came off.  Ah well.  So I spent the rest of the afternoon walking around with a sunflower on my cheek and two little girls without paint on their face.  Ha!  I'm sure people thought I was weird for having my face done but not the girls. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, backing up a bit in the month.  Darcy began walking on July 16th!  I tried to blog about it.  Even had a video to attach, which I will attempt to attach again, but have had no luck.  Sorry if it doesn't work.  She has been so funny to watch.  She walks with her hands up in the air.  And when she does she always has this look of accomplishment and a "see what I'm doing?" look on her face.  It's been a break, a small one, but at least a break on my back as she is walking more. 


------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below are several more pictures from the summer.  Some from June and others from July. 


Charlotte, Camryn, Pepper & Dylan at the annual Horn 4th of July BBQ.


Neighborhood girls dancing to Justin Bieber songs.


Told you this was in random order.  This is is before Darcy was walking around.  Craig tried his hardest to work with her when she would let him.

Little Miss Firecracker.  Isn't she so pretty?




Finally the rain stopped just in time to set off fireworks.  As we waited for the daylight to completely go away the girls set off sparklers.

Not pleased with having to inhale the smoke. Ha!  At some point someone wanted to light a smoke bomb too.  Oh my!

Jon Moore and Ryan contributing to smoke screen by burning off the last of the sparklers.


Half of the firework watching crowd.

The other half.

No comments: