Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Happy Birthday!
My sweet Camryn Rose is 5 years old. Amazing! She is such a wonderful little girl.
She wears her emotions on her sleeves. Can be so sensitive to the slightest issue that's gone wrong. She's, for the most part, a rule follower. Pretends she is competitive, but really isn't. Has zero filter on what she says and to whom she says it. She has an amazingly good heart. Wants the best for everyone. Loves to entertain (even though she sings as bad as me...ha!). A wonderful big sister. Darcy loves her so much. I can see it when she lights up when Camryn walks in the room.
This past year has been a tougher one for Camryn. She's learned how to share her mom & dad time, and has acted out of character at times to tip the attention scale in her favor. That's normal I suppose. She's in a transition phase. At least it seems. At some things, she chooses to excel and absorb as much knowledge as she can (academics, games, figuring out electronics). And others she wants us to do for her or help when she's very capable of doing herself (picking out clothes, getting dressed and taking a bath).
She's learning to read with ease. Her teacher says she picks things up so quickly and sure enough, she's trying to read books to Craig and I know at bedtime instead of us reading to her.
I think what I've noticed most of all this past year is the vocab lesson I felt like I gave every day. She's constantly asking what something means. Which I find hard to articulate sometimes, because occassionally my explaination would have another word in it that she doesn't know. And the cycle continued.
As I've said earlier, she's drama with a capital D, but I love her and wouldn't change a thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment