So we psyched her up to go find a pumpkin, we walked in, she got out of her wagon and literally walked straight to the first pumpkin in the first row. She just zeroed in on her task.
This just wouldn't do. I mean, have you looked around Camryn? How do you know that's the right pumpkin? I feared that our annual trips from here on out would be 5 minutes or less. Where it takes longer to park and check out than to enjoy the pumpkin patch. I mean, you've got to stand in line and get the yummy lemonade that 25 bees are buzzing around at all times. And you've got to go check out the ponies and the kiddie train and the play area. And, mommy has to take pictures for the scrapbook (after all, isn't this what it's really about...ha, ha!).Anyway, Craig tried to tell her it was too heavy for her to pick up so she walked down a bit further and pointed out which one she wanted. Craig put it in the wagon for her and then we went hunting for mommy and daddy's pumpkins.



So once she took her mind off finding the pumpkin, she did notice all of the things to do. There was a big blow up house for her to climb through, and a small playground. I think her favorite was this little train. She looked so big riding in it by herself. She's one of those children that are more interested in what others are doing than what's going on with her. Not right or wrong, but I've noticed this about her in other situations too. She's a people watcher. She spent much of the train ride turning around and watching what the little girl was doing in the car behind her than taking in the ride.

Farmer Camryn. 
Here, we've picked out all of the pumpkins. Cam barely fit in the wagon, but insisted on going for a ride. I think she was getting tired. I remember last year Camryn's naps followed a schedule much more than they do now. She wore out fast last year. This year, we stopped and had a nice late lunch and then finally got home when we all rested.

No comments:
Post a Comment