Wednesday, July 30, 2008

On the road again!

So, the road trip to Destin just wasn't enough miles. I decided to make the trip to Louisville with mom and dad to see Bryan Fox perform. Jean & Bruce drove up from Jonesboro and wound up being about 30 minutes ahead of us on Hwy 64. They'd call mom and tell her which exit to turn off and what to see. Felt like we were living their trip 30 minutes behind them. Although we didn't go all the way to Santa Clause, IN or make it to the store of items only crafted from chain saws. But we did take the scenic route for abou 10 miles and stopped at St. Menidad (or something like that) at a small grocery store and ate. I felt good for supporting a small store. I made fun of their fancy (not really) artwork and their wide selection of fried chicken, chicken tenders or livers & gizzards at their "to go" counter, but I left with a happy feeling that we supported a small business.

Anyway, we got to Louisville and just hung out and chatted. Ryan & Bryan's house is amazing, and the tour took an hour in itself. (Just kidding Ryan.) Seriously though, it's a beautiful home, and I thought they've done a great job at making it feel homey.

We went to Bryan's concert, which was great. He had taken on a little more country sound from the last time I heard him play. Jon, Jeff & I drove over to see him probably 4 or 5 years ago and it was much more rock based. Great music. We're all rooting for you Bryan that your songs are picked up! Keep it up!




Back in St. Louis, Cam & Craig hung out with Linda & Carl on Saturday. And, let me just brag that on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, she was 100% on the potty training. Not so much on Tuesday. Craig said he asked her and took her frequently over the weekend, so I wonder if it's a time thing with the teachers where they just can't possibly be on those kids frequent enough. So how do we teach Cam to go to them or to us and say I have to go? She doesn't do that with us either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe make sure you tell her when you have to go and see if the model will follow. At first parents are more trained than their kids for sure. If you can tell that she is starting to twitch and hold her bottom--talk to her about how she is feeling and that means she has to go potty. It is a process--

Liz said...

Looks like a blast, once you finally made it that is :)