Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Time Out!

Cam seems to be obsessed with timeouts lately. So, you've likely seen Camryn's confession of hitting a boy in school and sitting in the corner for timeout. She switches out the kid's name. It's either Brandon or Jaxon. I approached her teacher the other day asking if she was causing problems and the teacher looked at me like I was crazy. "She's never been in time out." OK, so I don't think she's old enough to know what a lie is, so where is she getting this story?

Last night we were wrestling with her on the floor. Craig's hand accidentally brushed her shoulder. I saw it. It wasn't anything at all. She didn't cry but looked at him and said "TIME OUT! Sit corner." We both sat there and tried to explain (to a two year old) the difference between an accident and on purpose. She then hit me (on purpose). I said "Cam the next time you do that, I will put YOU in time out." She started crying, saying "time out" and ran into the other room. I guess she was putting herself in timeout, thinking I told her she had to. It was time for bed anyway, so rather than prolong the ordeal we went upstairs for our bath. But what is up with this girl and time outs?

I think she's going to be my little rule follower. Typical first born trait! She is definitely watching what happens when others break rules.

2 comments:

Liz said...

That is hilarious that she totally is making the time out story up! Where did it come from? She is funny. And the drama of running into the other room when you gave her the warning...oh dear. Drama Drama Drama. These two girls are going to be quite the pair.

Grandma Karen said...

It breaks my heart that she takes any little criticism so severely. And yet, I have seen her push her mommy to the edge, knowing that she would be scolded. Hard to know what is going on here.