Camryn and I took Mom/MaMa Karen to the Botanical Gardens today. We wanted to treat her to a day looking at pretty flowers for her birthday. Plus, since we've decided to have Cam's 2 year old pictures taken there in a couple of weeks, so wanted to check out the different scenery there. They have this great Niki sculpture display going on right now, plus it turned out to be a Chinese culture day. So therefore, very crowded, but still had a great time. There were many Chinese folks there, and a few even took Camryn's picture. The blond hair/blue eyes seems to be very pretty to them. Mom and I were talking about how pretty their hair is and I think the Chinese children are so cute. It's interesting though. I wasn't bothered by them taking a picture of her, but it would have never occured to me to photograph their children.
We started at this fountain. We let her touch the water and then she wanted to touch every pond of water she saw. Some didn't look quite as clean.

Took a few shots of Cam playing. I'm really looking forward to having her pictures taken by Bailey. There's so many pretty views to see there.

She was very careful with the flowers
but wanted to touch most of them.
Silly Camryn. Wearing Mommy's sunglasses.

It was a really enjoyable afternoon. She slept on the way home. We played for a bit and got a few chores out of the way but then we went up the street to a neighbors house for a big BBQ. It was a graduation celebration actually. They rented a blow up bouncer that the kids played in for hours. The little next door neighbor girls escorted Cam around to all of the things to do. She had a blast. At 9:00, she was still not ready to go. She went to bed late, so hoping we don't pay the price tomorrow.
3 comments:
PaPa and I enjoyed sharing your day. Cams is so cute; we do love you all so much.
What a gorgeous day we had! Great company, gorgeous weather, beautiful flowers, and good food. Thank you both for the wonderful time.
Oh fun! I wish we lived closer to the city and to you all so we could do more things like that! See you this weekend though :)
Post a Comment