Got a note from Cam's teacher yesterday that she was caught kissing boys (yes, plural) and was told that kissing is just for family. So I went to Cam and said "I got a note from your teachers today. Do you know what it said?"
Cam: "That I was hitting people." OK, what? She doesn't hit anyone, unless she's in major defense mode. I didn't probe into that claim. That wasn't what I wanted to talk about.
Me: "No. It said you were kissing boys in your class. Is that true."
Cam: Silence. Smirk. "Yes."
Me: "We don't kiss our friends, Camryn. Not on the cheek, on the hand, on the lips, anywhere. We save all of those kisses for family."
Cam: "Well, you kiss Daddy."
Me: "Daddy is my family. It's okay to kiss Daddy, but you shouldn't kiss Daddy on the lips. Or me. Or Darcy. So who did you kiss?"
Cam: "Jay"
Me: "Anyone else?"
Cam: "James"
Me: "Anyone else?"
Cam: "Harrison:
Me: "Anyone else?" (Are you kidding me here? She's naming all the boys in her class.)
Cam: "Carter. "Well, that was a different day." (Oh, great. So this has been going on for a while. She only got caught yesterday.)
Me: "Did these boys ask you to kiss them?"
Cam: "No."
Me: "OK. Let's not do this again. I don't want to hear this news from your teachers anymore. No more kissing anyone that isn't family, OK?"
Cam: "So I can only kiss a boy when I get married?"
Me: "Yes. That would be great."
Ha! I love the innocence that 5 year olds still have. This was a great rule until we heard a celebrity gossip update on the radio this morning on the way to school and the two stars from Twilight were rumored to be broken up but there were reports that they were kissing in their car and Cam said "They were KISSING????" I just ignored it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment