Saturday, December 11, 2010

Taking a moment to laugh

Tonight we had the entire family back in the house.  Camryn has been home for more than 24 hours after being pumped full of fluids to rehydrate herself at the hospital.  My stomach bug is gone.  And Craig picked up Darcy from his parent's house.  We got her out of the germ house in hopes that she would escape this crazy stomach virus.

Anyway, I had a period of about 15-20 minutes tonight that I have to thank God that I was able to laugh at. 

It started at the end of dinner.  Well at the end of Craig's, my and Darcy's dinner.  Camryn usually sits at the table for another 20+ minutes partially because she talks the entire time we're eating and when she is left alone to eat her cold food she begins refusing to eat whatever I've made.   (Oh, I remember stalling on certain foods with parents.  And holding my nose while eating cold peas so I wouldn't have to taste them.  And a list of other foods.  I was so picky.  I'm sorry guys.)  So...I was battling Camryn to eat and even out of the goodness of my heart reheated her dinner.  I was cleaning up the dishes, so when I noticed she was down to a few bites I came over to observe the grand finale.  I noticed she knocked half of her bite into her lap "on accident" and when I walked around the table, half of her dinner was on her lap and on the stinkin' floor!  I yelled at her to get upstairs and change her clothes.

When she came back down she asked if she could fix my hair.  I needed to change Darcy's diaper, so I said okay if you can do it while I'm cleaning her up.  So as Camryn is inserting at least 7 multi-colored clips in my hair I notice Princess Buttercup has a horribly nasty diaper and it has traveled up her back side.  I accidentally got some of it on the carpet, and she is so squirmy it was all I could do to get that outfit off without rubbing it all through her hair.  By this point she was flipped over rocking on all fours with her bottom in the air and I noticed she had something in her mouth.  Only I couldn't fish it out because I had poop on my hands.  I left her her in the buff while I ran to wash my hands.  Craig was able to get a piece of tape out of her mouth before I could get back.  I just vacuumed today too!  That figures she would find the one thing I missed.

After getting a fresh diaper on her I went to rinse off the crap from her outfit when I hear "mommy, I spilled your water all over the floor."  She grabs a towel to start cleaning up and I grab the carpet cleaner to clean off the poop on the floor.  As I'm scrubbing the carpet I look up and Camryn has moved from mopping up the water and grabbed a freshly cleaned mattress pad (that took 2 days to dry because it's the awesome pillow top kind) out of the laundry basket and is using it like a sled on the dirty wood floor.

Really?

Wow! I'm looking sweet!


She may look sweet, but look out!  She can be quite the little trouble maker. In fact as I'm typing this I had to get on her case for using the chair as a jungle gym. (Yes, Dad, I do that now. LOL!)

I'm done with this day!
 I'm not mentioning the Darcy vs. Mommy battle at bath time tonight that left me soaking wet but that wasn't part of the 20 minutes. :)

Tomorrow is a new day! 

2 comments:

Grandma Karen said...

Lookin' a little "over the edge," there, Sis. Good that you can laugh, though.

Liz said...

You are adorable. Sometimes laughing is all you can do!