Monday, January 11, 2010

Army Bowl

This past weekend Craig and I traveled down to San Antonio for the Army All American National High School bowl. They picked 90 football players out of a reported 1 million in the U.S. to participate and one of Craig's players was chosen. Pretty cool! It was so cold down there. Last year they said it was 70 degrees that week. We got a balmy 25 degrees with crazy winds. It was still a nice trip. Craig and both had a chance to tour the army base at Ft. Sam Houston. He went with the coaches and I went with the spouses. We saw the Center for the Intrepid which was this amazingly high tech rehabilitation facility. I have to say we both appreciated the military before we arrived, but we got an inside look and both walked away with such a deeper appreciation for what the army does every day and were completely in awe of the pride these soldiers carry around with them. Amazing stuff. That was fun to be a part of for just a short while.

Here is a picture from my plane window in Chicago. I could not believe the planes could fly in this cold and ice. That guy over there is de-icing the plane. He would spray off the entire plane with what looked like the de-icer stuff you put in your windshield wiper fluid each winter.Here is a shot of us turning on the runway. Again....glad I didn't have to fly the plane.
This is a picture of the famous River Walk in San Antonio. I heard from so many people before the trip how beautiful this was. Only the week we were there was the week they drain it every year, so we saw the Mud Walk instead. It was too cold to spend too much time walking along it anyway, so I guess it was for the best.

Here is Craig, Nick Demien and Nick's army hero Sgt. Novak. This was a shot of the Army's program on the field before the game.


And finally, since we were staying so close to the Alamo, we ventured out a bit to get a history lesson.

----------------------------------------------

And a few Christmas shots. I didn't have a Christmas blog, but thought I'd add a few of the family.


(Liz if you see this, Camryn took a look at this and told me we looked alike. The only difference was I had something coming out of my shoulder. I figure it must have been the hair.)

1 comment:

Grandma Karen said...

Nice pics, Sis. I need to take a few photo lessons from you!
Wonder if Charlotte will start a new trend with that tutu and rain boots?