The wacky CEO that was running the company I work for stepped down last week. He came in Friday to clean out his office. The two of us there on Friday opted not to be there when he came in, so I got to enjoy the pretty afternoon. Did a little shopping. Took a nap. Then went to pick up my favorite little girl at school so we could eat dinner and suit up in our Wolves gear for the football game.
On our way home I needed to swing by and get cat food. When I told Cam we needed to run by the store she said, "Did you get a cake?"
Jay: "No, Cam. Mommy didn't get a cake."
Cam: "But it's your birthday."
Jay: "No. No cake."
Cam: "Not even cupcakes?"
Jay: "No. No cupcakes either."
Cam: "But we have to get cupcakes. When we're at the store can we get some for you?"
Jay: "That's a nice idea."
So instead of running by the pet store, we opted for Target instead and snagged a box of Hostess Cupcakes. I gave Camryn the money and she checked them out. Then we went home, had dinner and we put a candle in her cupcake and one in mine. Then she sang to me. It was so darn sweet. Rather than rushing, she wanted to take the time and stop and have a birthday moment with me.

Too bad those cupcakes are so small, or the moment might have lasted a bit longer. She inhaled hers. And I ate mine rather quickly as well. I didn't remember those cupcakes being so small. I guess because any that you buy at a bakery or twice that size. You get used to the extra sugar. Kind of scary.
I love you Camryn. Thanks for making my birthday special.
Onto the football game...the Wolves lost, so we'll just leave it at that. Better luck next week. Current record is 3-1. I can't believe that we're going into week 5 of the season already!
On Saturday, we had a very lazy day. I did some cleaning, and Camryn attempted to clean out her toy box. Only the pile of toys she had started of those she no longer plays with started to get smaller at some point and everything wound up back in the toy box. If anything, it allowed her to rediscover some of her toys. And I think I played more than my fair share of My Little Pony this weekend. Ha!
That night, we went to the Mosaics art fair in Old St. Charles. It was a beautiful night. We went last year and wound up eating greasy food, listening to a great Irish band. This year, it seemed like a smaller art fair; and instead of listening to the bands play, we walked down to Little Hills Winery. It was packed on their huge patio, so we figured it might be a decent place to eat. It took a little while to get our food, but with the nice weather and the great music, and hanging out with one another the night was hard to beat.
On Sunday, Cam and I went to visit Grandma Loree and had a fine dining experience at Burger King with her, Aunt Linda & Mom. We enjoyed visiting with everyone.
Thank you family for such a great weekend!
1 comment:
What a special birthday weekend. I love it that Cam decided you needed at least a cupcake!
Post a Comment