Camryn was standing there holding cups out saying "water if you need it" and the runners would come up and say things like "Oh! You're my hero!" or "Hey sweetie! You're the best!". She was getting the biggest kick out of the compliments. There were others that helped, and I was even passing out water a bit, but kept getting passed up so they could take the water from her. So I went back to cheering them on and directing them to stay on the course.
We were there for about 3 hours. I was worried that she wouldn't have the patience. There was a little 4 year old girl that lived at the house by where we were standing. She entertained Camryn quite a lot, but when the runners started coming by I told her she had a job to do and she rose to the challenge.
I'm glad we had a chance to do that together.
Here she is in her volunteer shirt that was way too big.
We had to improvise with a ponytail holder and a bow.
1 comment:
Great way to engage Camryn on helping others.
Post a Comment