Monday, May 11, 2009

Wishing happiness to all moms out there!

I had a good Mother's Day weekend. I went to pick out new eyeglasses on Saturday morning and when I came home Camryn told me that she went with Craig to go pick out a card for me. "But it's a secret mommy. I'm not supposed to tell you." Craig just looked at me and laughed. Later that day she told me I was her best friend and that she loved me very much. What a precious comment! I mentioned it to Craig and he said one of the cards that played music (Cam's favorite type of card) played "You're my best friend." Glad to know where it came from because it seemed like an out of the blue comment for her.

I spent Saturday afternoon getting my toes painted and then over to a friends house for a fun night with girlfriends.

And then on Sunday we went to the annual brunch at Holiday Inn with Craig's Grandma Collins and the rest of the family. Cam accessorized her MU dress nicely with pink & red shoes, green sunglasses and a blue necklace. Actually, I loved it! And I loved that I didn't mind. I mean, she is three.





After bouncing to a couple of houses afterwards, Camryn and I were getting crabby and tired. So we headed home and vegged the rest of the evening.

The most exciting news of the weekend is Camryn wrote her name for the first time. That was the best Mother's Day gift! She wrote "Mommy" too. I'm so proud of her and all she can do. She continues to amaze us, her family and her teachers.



My only regret is I wish I could have seen my mom a little more than a few minutes over the weekend. (I'll catch you soon mom! Love you!)

2 comments:

Grandma Karen said...

Love the pictures of the writing, Sis. What a gift from Camryn!

Liz said...

Oh that writing is so cute. I love it!