So we've had some trouble the last couple of months with Camryn here and there at bed time. She'd get out of the bathtub, knew it was bed time and began crying or throwing absolute fits. So Craig finally told her one day that if she cried before bedtime then she wouldn't get to watch any shows the next day after school. Cam LOVES to watch Little Einsteins when she comes home.
So she was great for a few days and then one evening she went for the tantrum. Craig told her no shows and the next day stuck to it and they had a talk about why she couldn't watch Little Einsteins. That night she was an angel.
Well she did it again 2 nights ago. So no shows yesterday. Then last night she was great, except she wasn't super tired. I don't mind if she's up in bed singing or playing with her dollies, as long as she's in bed and winding down. Anyway, she and I read an alphabet book before bedtime and talked about different words that began with different letters. She went to bed with no problem. We heard her talking a bit, but nothing loud. Then she started yelling "Mommy!" about 20 minutes later.
"What Cam?" I yell from downstairs.
"We forgot turtle! It starts with a letter T too!"
"You're right Cam. Goodnight. I love you."
5 minutes later, we went through the same dialogue but with boy starting with b.
Craig said "Cam, do you want to lose your shows tomorrow?"
And she said "I'm not crying."
He said "I know, but you're not going to bed like you're supposed to."
Then there was a small pause and we heard "You can't talk to me like that. That's not nice. I'm talking to Mommy."
I just looked at Craig and told him she's right. He didn't say talking was part of the rules. He just shook his head and laughed.
Gotta love her. But if you ever give her instructions, make sure you're thorough, or she'll call you on it.
1 comment:
Seems to me that I remember Cam's mommy having a discussion with her that Cam should not interupt when two people were already talking. Now, could that sweet little girl have processed that principle to her own advantage and turned it on her dad? Good that you and Craig can keep a sense of humor when these blips happen, Jamie. Cam's Ma and Pa are loving these stories.
Post a Comment