Saturday, April 12, 2008

Poop

I know. It's a gross title. But Liz and I had this conversation that since we've become moms, we don't filter what we say as much. But because I don't mind blurting stuff out anymore, that doesn't mean people like to hear it. And so, my blog about poop will be fairly short.

The past 24 hours. No. The past 14 hours include two very different poop stories. Camryn went poop on the toilet for the first time last night. She told me she needed to pee-pee so we sat down and I never heard the sweet little tinkle, but smelled something instead. Yahoo! Camryn pooped on the toilet! We were singing her praises last night.

Now onto this morning. Since we skipped her bath last night, she got in the tub this morning. We washed and played. She continued to play while I popped into her room to get a diaper and some clothes for her. I heard "pee-pee?" coming from the other room. As I was walking back to the bathroom, I was asking her if she needed to get out and go...EW...YUCK! There she was. Sitting in bathwater with poop and what looked like shredded poop swimming around her. She looked very perplexed. I know. Too much information. I hope she didn't touch too much of it. YUCK, YUCK, YUCK. Then I hear Craig yelling from the bedroom "Do we have a floater?".

Oh, how my world has changed.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oh yes. That is a good story. I especially like the "shreaded poop" description. Thanks for that story. Sick...but I like it :)

ElHawari Updates said...

Be thankful she is starting to announce her body functions...she is giving you a heads up. Do you think it would be better to discover it on your own? Wait until she discovers other things. Ahmed has and he thinks it is funny. I tell him it is "shame" to do that. What else can I say?